Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing #8: Experimenting with Picture Trail

I chose Picture Trail to experiment with for this "Thing 8: Share Your Creations." I found Picture Trail very easy to use- very user friendly for beginners like me. It was easy to upload photos and to play with the different ways to display my photos. I chose the "cube" style.What uses might this have for personal or library use? I think the possibilities are endless. Big Huge Labs, for example, offers posters, trading cards, and other features that especially our younger patrons would love. I was reading how other librarians have used the trading cards to motivate young readers. Lazybase (or other tools like this) could be useful to librarians- where other librarians have access (or can edit also) to a list of books, for example. That might be something we could create for our reference librarians in our librarian system- to help us in reader's advisory, for example.

No comments: