Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thing #18: Youtube

Hey! I successfully imported/embedded a youtube video (see below)! I could waste a LOT of time looking at youtube! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to embed a video into my blog. (A lot of these 23 things activities are easier than I expect them to be!)

As far as Youtube's usefulness to librarians and library users: this is a GREAT tool: for kids doing research on events in history (such as looking at a clip of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech). A few years ago, when youtube was a relatively new phenomenon, a patron needed a clip of "I Love Lucy" show chocolate factory episode for her film class. A co-worker of mine showed me youtube and the patron was THRILLED.

My niece made a mini film for her Spanish class and she posted in on youtube for everyone to enjoy!

No comments: