Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thing #21: Beyond MySpace: Other Social Networks

Of the other social network sites listed on this "thing", Web Junction for Minnesota is the most intriguing to me, as a librarian. I think this would be a great way to connect with/ share ideas with other librarians.



Webjunction's article "Building a Social Networking Environment at the Library" reinforces the issue that I brought up in my thing #20 blog: first and foremost, the library needs to educate people on social networking- because so many people are still not aware of what they actually can do for them and they are suspicious: the challenge lies in "convincing the doubters."

I joined Ning and added the 23 Things Badge and also the music player widget. (I'm still working on actually getting the music to play!)

No comments: